What's going on , really ?

Friday, May 2, 2008

A few months ago , roughly 2 months. I really didn't know what to work as. To spend the time I have as wise as I could before leaving for studies. So, I contemplated business and the closest I could get was being a broker. Many of you might not know this term ' broker' as you live in a world where the planet revolves around you , in other words, you are the sun. Anyway, my point is maybe it is very unheard of. It's very different when I say ' Real Estate Agent'. Aha....... that rings the bells right ? A broker is a Real Estate Agent. Just that it is shorter that's why everyone prefers to say ' broker'. I told my friends I'm a broker , and immediately they thought , ' yeah.....why not? You are not working and you are poor , therefore you are broke , hence broker . ' -_-

A broker is somewhat like a middleman who provides services to people who owns a property or a person in need of a property , or simply wants to own one because they feel rich. In other words , investment. I mean personal properties ie : houses , shops , land or anything related. So , our job is to lay down agreeable terms for both parties , negotiate and bring them ( the owner and the tenant ) to an agreement. Agreements can come in terms of sales or rental. I won't go into those details and bore your spleens out. So, that was basically what I did for 1 month.

At the very end of the month , I decided to hop to something else. A new adventure of working life. I became a teacher. Indeed!

Teaching I know has never been my interest or calling. It doesn't mean you are a male , you are straight , that's right! It doesn't mean your parents are teachers , you are born with a chalk or marker pen in your hand. Nevertheless , I gave it shot. And I got myself hired by a tuition center somewhere in town with the very fear that I might ruin lives. And so , that is what I'm still doing today. I've learned much through this experience so far and I know that I wasn't working there by accident. I was praying that God would place me somewhere where I could bless lives.

Meeting students who are about my age and having them know that you are not very much older just sparks the chemistry and teaching is fun. It is exciting and interesting. It opens up a new dimension in my puny mind. I've always assume teaching is boring probably because of the teachers I've met in my life. I'm saying many are great teachers , don't get me wrong. But , teaching is best when you can optimize learning. So, I was glad to see my students so eager to learn , and progressive at the same time.


To sum it up , teaching is great. Teachers are important , having the greatest responsibility when they teach. Loving your students , caring for them , lowering yourself to their level of thinking are a whole new area of teaching. Whoever should take teaching lightly , bear in mind that whatever you've inputed into them goes a long way down their lives in years to come. You can either make them a better person or a not so good one. Teaching has made me appreciate what it means to take every opportunity to impact the lives around you while you still have the time. After all , it is all about Jesus.

2 comments:

Jas said...

hey daniel...gud to knw tat u hv a blog now..haha..
so u enjoy teaching ya..i agree wif u..teaching people gives me a great sense of satisfaction...especially when students r doin well..improved...it really encourages a me a lot..tat's y..i want to b a nurse educator..in time to come..i hope i can b one..den i can achieve both ambitions..a nurse n teacher..hehe..
God bless^^take care...

manor of thoughts said...

Hey jas , thanks for dropping by. Yeah, teaching is actually fun when you know what you're into. :) Not so bad an experience after all. Yeah , looking forward to see you working as a lecturer in near future. :) God Bless!!

Design of Open Media | To Blogger by Blog and Web